About the Department / Division
SITRA’s Textile Physics Division, with more than 6 decades of existence since inception, has the required technical manpower and expertise in textile testing & quality evaluation, interpretation of test data, training on the testing procedures, consultancy activities on providing expert guidance and analysis of stake holders/customer issues pertaining to quality.
The laboratory with 3 wings: fibre testing, yarn testing and fabric testing is accredited by NABL since 2002 onwards and complies with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and its reports are valid across the globe. With continuous up-gradation of the testing facilities, the physics laboratory infra structure is currently equipped with the state-of-the art testing machinery available in the market and follows national & international standard testing procedures under its scope of accreditation. With the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), the samples follow a systematic process for testing and the test results are reported online for the quick access to customers.
Quality evaluations being a major area of activity in the physics division, other services that are offered to the textile industry are;
- Inter lab proficiency testing programmes
- Yarn quality surveys
- Providing SITRA calibration cottons for High Volume Instruments
- Providing information on the cotton quality parameters to the mill from the testing database of High Volume tests.
- Proficiency program on fibre characteristics using HVI equipment
- SITRA Quality Norms – with respect to quality standards for different parameters of fibre and yarn.
- Training offered to mill personnel on testing/interpretation of fibre, yarn & fabric parameters using the latest testing equipment’s