Sponsored by Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
- Development of spunlace non – woven wound dressings using bamboo fibres.
- Development of barbed, bi-directional surgical sutures.
- Development of spun silk garments made of hollow yarns.
- Breathability of Woven Surgical Gowns Treated with Nano Finishes (Anti – Microbial & Blood – repellent finishes).
- Development of specialty 3D compression bandage for Lymphedema.
- Cut-resistant technical fabrics using Spectra filament Yarns.
- Development of Bifurcated vascular grafts.
- Design and Development of a hernia mesh.
- Development of functional spacer fabrics for medical inlays in orthopedic shoes.
- Evaluation of knitting behavior and performance of knitted fabrics during garment manufacturing using artificial neural network.
- Interaction of the properties of individual cotton fibres in a blend.
- A study on chromium contamination in ginned lint due to chrome composite leather clad rollers in ginneries.
- Disposal or processing of textile sludge.
- Online monitoring of yarn quality on weft knitting machines.
- Development of energy efficient twisting system for two for one twisters.
- Development of a technology package for speciality polyester fibres.
- A study on the influence of fibre and yarn parameters on lint shedding propensity.
- Design and development of energy management information system for textile textile industry phase II. A study on Extra Sensitive yarn imperfections on Fabric Appearance.
- Development of a Compact yarn spinning system for yarn quality improvement.
- Design and Fabrication of Different Types of Flat Tops for Carding and Use of Vario comb in Combers for Removal of Smaller Size Neps Towards Producing Yarns Meeting International Quality Standards.
- Development of Fire Resistant Yarns and Fabric Using Air-jet Spinning Technology.
- Design and Development on Low Cost Shuttleless Loom for Decentralised Power loom Sector.
- Optimization of Inter Roller Distance of Draw Frames, Speed Frames and Ring Frames based on AFIS Length Data.
- Yarn Quality Improvement with an Airjet Attachment in Cone Winder.
- Development of a Computerized System for Marker Making in Garment Industry.
- Detection and Standardisation of Sensitizing Disperse Dyes by Chromatographic Techniques.
- Development of an attachment for producing elastane core yarn on rotor spinning machine.
Other Sponsored projects
Indian Space Research Organisation (I S R O)
1. Development of tricot knitting technology for 1.5 m wide metallic mesh for large aperture unfurable space antennas
2. Development of polyester performs for membrane bellofram
3. Weaving of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene fabrics
4. Development of silicon carbide fabric for ceramic matrix composite to be used in space
5. 3- Dimensional carbon fibre perform for space application
Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology (GCE & TT), Berahampore, West Bengal
6. Design and development of a weavability tester
Ministry of Power, New Delhi
7. Study for the setting up the standards and norm for designated consumers in the textile industry
Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
8. Development of high performance polymer fabric tapes and polymer fibre ropes.
9. Development of 3D Fabrics using para-aramid filament yarns.
10. Development, testing and evaluation of advanced load bearing members.
Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, New Delhi
11. Study on the application of information technology in textile industry pertaining to SME sector
Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi
12. Design and development of a tester to measure the processing propensity
13. Development of new textile effluent treatment technology towards zero sludge
14. Design and fabrication of an instrument to assess the barrier properties of operation theatre surgical apparels with specific reference to blood.
Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA), New Delhi
15. Design and development of an energy efficient control system for humidification plants in textile mills
16. Energy conservation in overhead cleaners used in the textile industry
17. Design and development of microcontroller based energy saving and information system for air compressor used in textile mills
Department of Handloom
18. Design and development of a high production handloom
19. Design and development of a Jacquard card repeating machine for handloom industry
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New Delhi
20. Betterment of farmers through promotion of more remunerative fine jute fibre cultivation and creation of direct grower mill links
21. Quality assurance for decentralised and organized jute sectors
National Jute Board (NJB), Kolkata
22. Manufacture of different jute and jute blended yarns And fabrics (furnishing & upholstery) for home textiles/secondary apparels and other jute diversified products
23. Application of functional chemical finishes for improving the functional properties of jute based technical textiles