The Textile Engineering & Instrumentation Division offers the following services.
- Click the respective topics for more details -
3. Other Studies
Power Quality Audit
Power Quality Audit identifies any invisible loss present in the electrical system due to defective supply source, distribution network and special equipment: reason out the causes for frequent equipment failure, capacitor de-ration, motor over-heating etc., In this audit, power quality in terms of voltage, frequency and current and its variations/fluctuations, wave shape distortion, harmonics, unbalance, if any, will be checked in all important nodes in mill supply source, transmission and distribution net-work. It also includes suitable suggestions for subsequent rectification in the electrical network.
Humidification is an important supportive activity for the production of yarns and fabrics. With reference to energy cost, it consumes nearly 15%-20% of the total power bill of the mill. SITRA has been conducting in-depth analysis on the humidification system of textile mills in the following aspects:
- Detailed heat load analysis in different departments.
- Plant capacity requirement with respect to supply, exhaust and pumping system.
- Design of the humidification plants.
- Design of the supply air ducts and diffusers.
- Design of the exhaust air trenches and floor grills.
- Pattern of temperature and humidity inside the departments.
- Loading of the motors in the humidification plants.
- Air distribution pattern inside the departments.
- Recommended lay-out for the supply and exhaust system for uniform distribution of air.
Compressed Air System Study
SITRA conducts detailed study on different types of compressors existing in the textile mills with respect to the following aspects:
- Air leakage study in the existing condition.
- Existing compressed air pipe line lay-out.
- Modified pipe line lay-out for minimum air friction loss.
- Selection of energy efficient compressed air accessories like filters, dryers and moisture separators.
- Compressed air for cleaning.
- Power consumption pattern of compressors.
Noise Level Study
Noise is often a problem in the working environment, whether from production machinery in the factory or business machines in the office. Noise measurement permits precise scientific analysis of annoying sounds. Noise level measurements give a clear indication of when a sound may cause hearing damage and permit corrective measures to be taken. Hence, measurement and analysis of sound is a powerful diagnostic tool in noise reduction programme. SITRA conducts detailed sound level analysis at different sections of a textile mill with sophisticated state-of-the-art instruments.
Measurement of vibration level can be taken as a guide to the condition of a machine since increase in vibration level usually indicates wear or deformation. The level of the vibration as measured at specific positions on a machine can be used as an indication of its condition. Therefore, a fundamental requirement in all vibration work, whether it is in the design of machines, which utilize the energy, or in the creation and maintenance of smoothly running mechanical parts, is to obtain an accurate description of the vibration measurement for further analysis. SITRA regularly conducts in-depth and exhaustive vibration measurements in textile mills using sophisticated state-of-the-art instruments for the past two decades.
SITRA conducts detailed study on illumination level in different departments of a textile mill using sophisticated state-of-the-art lux level meters. Based on the existing illumination level, the following suggestions are offered to improve the same.
- Number of fittings to be added / removed for the optimum illumination level.
- Recommended lay-out of the light fittings for minimum energy consumption.
- Selection of energy efficient tube lights, ballasts and voltage stabilizers.
Mill UKG Assessment Study
Assessment of existing Ukg level in the mill is vital for ascertaining energy saving potential in mills. SITRA has developed standard procedure for calculating 40s converted Ukg and 4.72 Ukg in the present standard for single yarn production. Best mills are able to achieve a 40s Ukg below 4.5. This study will help the mill to standardize their Ukg assessment procedure for comparison with industry and SITRA standards.