Compressed Air System Study
SITRA conducts detailed study on different types of compressors existing in the textile mills with respect to the following aspects:
- Air leakage study in the existing condition.
- Existing compressed air pipe line lay-out.
- Modified pipe line lay-out for minimum air friction loss.
- Selection of energy efficient compressed air accessories like filters, dryers and moisture separators.
- Compressed air for cleaning.
- Power consumption pattern of compressors.
Noise Level Study
Noise is often a problem in the working environment, whether from production machinery in the factory or business machines in the office. Noise measurement permits precise scientific analysis of annoying sounds. Noise level measurements give a clear indication of when a sound may cause hearing damage and permit corrective measures to be taken. Hence, measurement and analysis of sound is a powerful diagnostic tool in noise reduction programme. SITRA conducts detailed sound level analysis at different sections of a textile mill with sophisticated state-of-the-art instruments.
Measurement of vibration level can be taken as a guide to the condition of a machine since increase in vibration level usually indicates wear or deformation. The level of the vibration as measured at specific positions on a machine can be used as an indication of its condition. Therefore, a fundamental requirement in all vibration work, whether it is in the design of machines, which utilize the energy, or in the creation and maintenance of smoothly running mechanical parts, is to obtain an accurate description of the vibration measurement for further analysis. SITRA regularly conducts in-depth and exhaustive vibration measurements in textile mills using sophisticated state-of-the-art instruments for the past two decades.
SITRA conducts detailed study on illumination level in different departments of a textile mill using sophisticated state-of-the-art lux level meters. Based on the existing illumination level, the following suggestions are offered to improve the same.
- Number of fittings to be added / removed for the optimum illumination level.
- Recommended lay-out of the light fittings for minimum energy consumption.
- Selection of energy efficient tube lights, ballasts and voltage stabilizers.
Mill UKG Assessment Study
Assessment of existing Ukg level in the mill is vital for ascertaining energy saving potential in mills. SITRA has developed standard procedure for calculating 40s converted Ukg and 4.72 Ukg in the present standard for single yarn production. Best mills are able to achieve a 40s Ukg below 4.5. This study will help the mill to standardize their Ukg assessment procedure for comparison with industry and SITRA standards.
- << Prev