Product and Machinery Development
- Woven arterial prosthetic graft for human implantation.
- Two-for-one twister.
- Decorticating machine.
- Kapas purifier.
- High speed reels.
- Six – spindle mini ring frame.
- 12 testing instruments.
- Break – through in production of yarns from Pineapple leaf fibre.
- Jute cotton yarn.
- Instrumental for almost universal adoption of 7 days a week and 24 hours a day working in SITRA member mills.
- SITRA member mills record the highest spindle utilisation in the world.
- International training programmes for foreign nationals (53 programmes completed with a total of over 1400 participants).
- 7 powerloom service centres and one textile service centre.
- 64 patents.
- Implementation of double hank plain reeling (DHPR).
- 730 publications comprising research reports, mill control reports, focus, trends and monographs broughout.
- 36 books on textiles broughout.
- Over 1000 research papers published in International and Indian journals.
- 30,000 copies of norms for productivity and quality sold.