SITRA has been designated as the Centre of Excellence for Medical Textiles. With infrastructure support provided by the Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of Inda, SITRA Meditech will be offering the following facilities at one place for the convenience...
SITRA has established a very good reputation in serveral fields related to textile. Achievements and contributions made by SITRA towards the advancement of knowledge on textile science and technology as also for the improvement of the textile industry...
6.Weaving & Knitting
SITRA has ultra modern looms such as Picanol Rapier loom, Toyota Air jet loom and in the process of acquiring Sulzer loom. Training on these looms can be arranged at SITRA.
SITRA has 7 Powerloom Service Centres in Tamil Nadu at Karur, Komarapalayam, Palladam, Salem, Sankarankoil, Somanur and Tiruchengode, fully sponsored by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. SITRA also operates a textile service centre at Chennimalai fro the benefit of both handloom and powerloom units in the region. The various services offered by the Powerloom Service Centres are:
* Liaison visits to powerloom units to identify various technical problems and to provide solutions.
* Rendering technical advices for modernisation and product diversification
* Preparation of model project reports and bankable project reports for setting up new units.
* Training the powerloom owners, weavers and jobbers
* Conducting workshops and seminars on subjects of topical interest.
* Testing of yarns, fabrics and sizing chemicals for their properties.
Computer Aided Design (CAD) Centres:
SITRA has 4 CAD Centres situated at Coimbatore, Karur, Komarapalayam and Somanur. The various services offered are:
* Design development for Handloom and Powerloom jacquards.
* Reproduction of designs as given by entrepreneurs.
* Creation of fabric simulations and graph printouts.
* Conduct training programmes for designers, entrepreneurs etc.
* Consultation on designing
Sample Collection Centre at Tirupur
For the benefit of exporters, processors and allied industries, SITRA opened in May 2005, a sample collection centre at Tirupur. Instead of sending samples by courier or bringing samples in-person to SITRA, Coimbatore, customers in the region can drop their samples at the collection centre in Tirupur. The test results are sent to customers directly by email/fax and courier. The process reduces “turn around time”, enabling quick receipt of test reports.